How do I connect a guitar controller to my PC?
If you’re connecting your guitar controller for the first time, make sure you follow the appropriate steps for whatever kind of guitar controller you’re using.
PlayStation®3 Rock Band Fender® Stratocaster® Guitar Controller
- Plug your guitar controller dongle into a USB port on your computer
- On your guitar controller, press the sync button so it begins searching
- Press the sync button on the dongle so it begins searching
- When the guitar controller has a solid light, that means it’s all set!
PlayStation®4 Rock Band Fender Stratocaster OR Fender Jaguar® Guitar Controller
- Make sure your computer is Bluetooth-capable. This is REQUIRED for pairing
- Once your computer is Bluetooth-capable, open your Bluetooth settings, where you’ll see a list of Bluetooth connections
- Turn your guitar controller on and hold the sync button(located next to the power LED on Fender Stratocaster controllers and near the D-Pad on Fender Jaguar controllers)
- This will add the guitar controller as a selectable option on your Bluetooth menu, choose the guitar and pick ‘Pair Device’
- Allow your computer to complete the pairing process and you’re done!
Xbox One Rock Band Fender Stratocaster OR Fender Jaguar
- You are REQUIRED to have a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in order to use your Xbox One guitar controller
- You are REQUIRED to have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. Searching for, and then running, 'winver.exe' will display your version number, which should be 1607 or higher.
- If you are using an Xbox One Fender Jaguar guitar controller, you are REQUIRED to apply a firmware update located here for your guitar controller to pair. The firmware will download to your computer alongside instructions on how to apply it. Xbox One Fender Stratocaster guitar controllers do not need a firmware update.
- On the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter, press the button on the side and the device will begin searching
- On your Xbox One Rock Band guitar controller, power it up and hold the sync button(located next to the power LED on Fender Stratocaster controllers and near the D-Pad on Fender Jaguar controllers)
- When the guitar controller light stops flashing and is solid, you have successfully paired the controller