How do I sync my legacy music game controllers on the Xbox One?
Please refer to our Rock Band 4 Instrument Compatibility Chart for a list of compatible legacy music game controllers. Keep in mind that you must have the Legacy Game Controller Adapter hooked up to your Xbox One to play Rock Band 4 with compatible legacy music game controllers. You do NOT need to sync microphones - as long as a controller is synced to your console, plug in your microphone via USB and you're good to go!
- Make sure your Xbox One is turned on and you have Rock Band 4 running.
- Make sure your Legacy Game Controller Adapter is plugged in to your Xbox One.
- Make sure the legacy music game controller that you are trying to sync has fresh batteries.
- Press and hold the Xbox 360 button on your legacy music game controller, as applicable. This may be found in the center of your drum kit or next to the D Pad on your guitar.
- A green light around the Xbox 360 symbol should turn on and start blinking slowly. This means the controller is waiting to sync.
- AT THE SAME TIME: Press and hold the sync button on the Legacy Game Controller Adapter and press and hold the small wireless button on your legacy music game controller (for Rock Band drums, this is a button found on the bottom left side of the main center brain. ForRock Band guitars, this is a button found where the amp plug would be). You only need to hold down both of these buttons for a maximum of two seconds.
- The green light on your legacy music game controller should start rotating around the Xbox 360 symbol. This means the controller is trying to sync with your console. After a few moments, it will stop blinking and a steady green light will show up in one of the four corners around the symbol to symbolize what player the controller is synced to (Player 1, 2, 3, or 4). If the green light is steady and not blinking, this means your controller has synced.
- If your controller continues to blink slowly, repeat step 6 until the light becomes steady. Make sure to press BOTH sync buttons on the Legacy Game Controller Adapter and the legacy game controller at the same time!
- Once your controller has synced, press the Start button to officially get in game and rocking!