How do I sync my Rock Band 4 controllers on the Xbox One?
Keep in mind that you must have the Legacy Game Controller Adapter hooked up to your Xbox One to play Rock Band 4 with compatible legacy music game controllers. You do NOT need to sync microphones - as long as a controller is synced to your console, plug in your microphone via USB and you're good to go!
- Make sure your Xbox One is turned on and you have Rock Band 4 running.
- Make sure your Rock Band 4 controller that you are trying to sync has fresh batteries.
- Press and hold the Xbox One button on your instrument. This is found in the center of your drum kit or next to the D Pad on your guitar.
- A white light should turn on and start blinking slowly. This means the controller is waiting to sync.
- AT THE SAME TIME: Press and hold the sync button on the Xbox One (located to the left of the CD drive) and press and hold the small wireless button on your Rock Band 4 controller (for drums, this is a black button found on the bottom left side of the main center brain. For guitars, this is a white button found where the amp plug would be). You only need to hold down both of these buttons for a maximum of two seconds.
- The white light on your instrument should start blinking quickly. This means the controller is trying to sync with your console. After a few moments, it will return to blinking slowly and then stop blinking all together. If the light is steady and not blinking, this means your controller has synced.
- If your controller continues to blink slowly, repeat step 5 until the light becomes steady. Make sure to press BOTH sync buttons on the Xbox One and Rock Band 4 controller at the same time!
- Once your controller has synced, press the Menu button (the button that has three thick black parallel lines) to officially get in game and rocking!