How do I sync my Rock Band 4 controllers on the PlayStation®4?
You do NOT need to sync microphones - as long as a controller is synced to your console, plug in your microphone via USB and you're good to go!
- Make sure your PlayStation®4 is turned on and on the Main Menu.
- Make sure the Rock Band 4 controller that you are trying to sync has fresh batteries.
- From the PlayStation®4's Main Menu, navigate to Settings --> Devices --> Bluetooth Devices.
- Press and hold the PlayStation® button on your instrument. This is found in the center of your drum kit or next to the D Pad on your guitar.
- A blue light around the PlayStation® symbol should turn on and start blinking slowly. This means the controller is waiting to sync.
- Press and hold the small wireless button on your Rock Band 4 controller (for drums, this is a black button found on the bottom left side of the main center brain. For guitars, this is a white button found where the amp plug would be). You only need to hold down this button for a maximum of two seconds.
- A blue and red light on your controller should start blinking alternately. This means the controller is trying to sync with your console.
- Wait for the controller to show up in the list of Bluetooth Devices on your PlayStation®4. It should appear as "MadCatz Guitar for Rock Band 4" or something similar for each different controller.
- You will be asked if you want to connect to the controller. Select Yes.
- You will be asked to assign a profile to the controller. PLEASE NOTE: You must assign a profile to the controller you are syncing in order to play Rock Band 4. if you choose not to assign a profile, the controller will not sync to the console. If you do not have a profile created, you can log in as a guest by selecting Create New --> Guest Profile.
- After a few moments, the blue and red alternating lights will change to a solid blue light. If the light is steady and not changing colors, this means your controller has synced.
- Side Note: If your controller has a steady RED light, this means your controller has low batteries.
- If your controller continues to blink blue and red, repeat step 6 until the controller shows up under the list of Bluetooth Devices.
- Once your controller has synced, press the PlayStation® button to get back to the Main Menu and boot up Rock Band 4. Once in-game, press the Options button to join in and start rocking!
If you require assistance to sync your controllers, please contact Mad Catz with any hardware defects.